2010-01-24

GLADIATOR


Hello the other day I borrowed DVD with [tsutaya]. I want to speak the DVD today. The title of the movie is GLADIATOR. The content of the movie is such the one. In Gladiator, victorious general Maximus has been named keeper of Rome and its empire by dying emperor Marcus, so that rule might pass from the Caesars back to the people and Senate. Marcus’ neglected and power-hungry son, Commodus, has other ideas, however. Escaping an ordered execution, Maximus hurries back to his home in Spain, too late to save his wife and son from the same order. Taken into slavery and trained as a gladiator by Proximo, Maximus lives only that he might someday take his revenge and fulfill the dying wish of his emperor. The time soon comes when Proximo’s troupe is called to Rome to participate in a marathon of gladiator games held at the new emperor, Commodus. Once in Rome, Maximus wastes no time in making his presence known, and is soon involved in a plot to overthrow the emperor with his former-love Lucilla, Commodus’ sister, after whom he lusts, and also the widowed mother of Lucius, heir to the empire after his uncle, and democratic-minded senator, Gracchus

The reason I chose this movie is that I'm interested in ancient Rome and I like western history because when I was a student in high school, I majored in world history. People who lived at this time had difference in social standing. At present, difference in social standing have already vanished except specific country. I want to become like Maximus who had strong spirit. If I lived in ancient Rome, I would do what Maximus did. I thought I want to go Italy and to visit the Colosseo in the future. This story was very deep story than I thought. I thought this story is simple action story, but when I finished watching this movie, I thought this story was not simple action story. I was meditated on the significance of existence of a human being. I thought I want everyone to watch this movie by all means. The thing I learned stick to justice.

Please borrow this DVD by all means when there is a chance that you borrow DVD. This movie is really interesting. Please look by all means.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿